Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Crazy Days

My weekend is so packed, I'm looking forward to Monday when I can relax!

Friday was filled with personal dealings as I celebrated Spirit Day by wearing purple. By the time I arrived at the sold out Dis/orient/ed Comedy show, I was exhausted.


I've reviewed this all-Asian-American female comedienne lineup before and was looking forward to this encore performance.


A packed house indulged in $4 PBRs before the show --


Hosts Jenny and Atsuko did an amazing job hosting the show --


And I was thrilled to see D'Lo again. We performed together at Tasty Words in April. Though again, he disappeared after the show before I could tell him how fabulous he was. Ah well, next time!


(For those wondering why a "he" was performing at an all-Asian-American female comedienne show, look up D'Lo on YouTube.)

Saturday started bright and early with carrying folding chairs and handing out programs for an all-day volunteer retreat for WriteGirl.


This is my first year as a mentor volunteer and I'm already having an amazing time. Today was filled with group activities --


Goodies like free journals for our year of writing --


Inspirational words from WriteGirl Executive Director Keren Taylor --


And a panel of published writers sharing their professional experiences with us --


Though of course the highlight of the day was the spectacular potluck lunch --




WriteGirl volunteers can cook! My contribution was meant to be a pesto rice pilaf, but I added too much chicken stock to the rice cooker, so it became risotto --


Capped off Saturday with opening night of Edith Can Shoot Things and Hit Them - more on that experience later!

No comments:

Post a Comment