Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday Market Day

Began the week at my favorite place - the Mar Vista Farmer's Market! It seems to get bigger and more colorful every time I go --





Spotted Mary Sue Milliken of Border Grill and Top Chef Masters fame doing some shopping. Mar Vista Farmer's Market FTW!

Indulged in a few of my favorite things --



Took in a pirate show --


And ended with a stop at my favorite booth, the Homeboy Bakery!


Homeboy Industries is a non-profit that provides hope, training, and support to formerly gang-involved and recently incarcerated men and women, allowing them to redirect their lives and become contributing members of our community. And they do that by making delicious food!


Picked up a garlic bread loaf that is to die for! Their extra virgin olive oil is coming soon - can't wait to give everyone a bottle for Christmas.

After a huge lunch of farmer's market goodies, I settled in for a day of writing. Alternated revisions on my series proposal with catching up on new fall television.

Two new shows I'll definitely be watching - Nashville on ABC --


Soapy and satisfying, plus you know how much I love country music! Connie Britton's Rayna is the perfect diva and Hayden Panettiere's Juliet acts exactly how you hope Taylor Swift doesn't.

Most surprising was Charles Esten as sexy, hunky songwriter Deacon Claybourne. Looked him up and realized it's Chip Esten of Whose Line is it Anyway? fame! He went from this --




To this --


Hubba hubba.

Speaking of hunks, I also watched the pilot for Arrow on The CW --


An unabashed superhero action drama - fantastic. I loved the script when I read it in the spring and I found it very well-executed. Can't wait to see this season unfold!



What are your favorite new fall TV shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment