Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A True Hollywood Horror Story

Stories like this remind me that Hollywood can be a horrible, heartbreaking cesspool of evil. Part of me is grateful I've never had to deal with something like this. The other part of me says, "Get ready. This bullshit is coming."

On his blog, screenwriter Doug Richardson tells the sordid tale of his legal thriller idea that swirled around the cesspool getting eaten by sharks. It's a page turner like no other. Enjoy.

The Smoking Gun, Part 1.

The Smoking Gun, Part 2.

The Smoking Gun, Part 3.

The Smoking Gun, Part 4.

2 comments:

  1. I actually don't see this as a horror story at all. It's confirmation that the system works. Ultimately the creative won out over the thief. Also it proves the standard Hollywood axiom that every screenwriter will tell you; you can't steel an idea. This is a text book example that execution is what matters. Just because someone else has your idea, doesn't mean they can do what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of me is grateful I've never had to deal with something like this. The other part of me says, "Get ready. This bullshit is coming."

    ReplyDelete