Friday, August 24, 2012

Writer's Diet, Day 4 - Thoughtful Thursday

Blech. Today was one of those unproductive, unhappy days that was a wash as soon as it started. Most people can have a bad day and get through it, but as an artist, bad mood days equate to un-creative days. It's hard to flow with creativity when your heart feels icky.

It began with a terrible nightmare - one of those wake up in a cold sweat before the sun comes up kind of nightmares. After a futile hour of attempting to fall back asleep, I just turned on my bedside lamp and reached for this book I've been meaning to read --


Writing the Pilot by William Rabkin- a wonderfully succinct method for creating a compelling television pilot. I read it cover to cover as the sun came up. Highly recommended!

Despite finishing the book, I wasn't inspired to dive into ideas, so I just worked on producing tasks until it was time for a late, late breakfast.

I decided to make green eggs - inspired by Dr. Seussand my attempt to inject more vegetables in my diet. One egg, a handful of spinach, the last chunk of cheddar in my fridge, and a glop of TJ's Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip, just because --


Blended and scrambled to a bright, bright green finish --


Finished off with the last of the brownies my roommate made last night --


Craved salty after the sweet, so I ate three packages of this roasted seaweed from Costco --


Told you guys I eat some random stuff.

Prepped SAG paperwork for set --


-- made a bunch of phone calls, and continued to crew up. (Looking for Set PAs now, if anyone's interested!) A long afternoon of email and household errands followed. No inspiration in sight. Sigh.

Eventually, it was time to eat again.


Grilled Tilapia with a butter garlic sauce, paired with the last of my black kale. Not great, but hey, it was on sale.


And more sugar - ginger snap cookies. There are only three cookies in this picture, but I actually ate about seven.


After a long hot bath to calm my heart, I drove down to Orange County to see an MIT actor friend in Last Summer at Bluefish Cove at the Mysterium Shop.


Terrific show with a terrific cast - go Katie! Got a cupcake at intermission, just so I could get the plastic happy face ring.


Oh yeah, and I had Del Taco on the way home. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better!

1 comment: