Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Writer's Diet, Day 2 - Typing Tuesday

Breakfast of champions - a green smoothie made of spinach, kale, strawberries, mango, banana, and chia seeds. Full of fiber and sweet goodness!

Before being pulverized by the Magic Bullet --


And after!


I learned how to make these from my friend Ruth from Dublin, Ireland. Check out her blog Kitchen Greenie!

Also baked up a multi-grain croissant from Trader Joe's. (You're going to see a Trader Joe's trend today, for sure.)


Ended up looking pretty much like the package - super yummy!


Spent the bulk of the morning and afternoon typing, typing, typing. I write all my fiction longhand in blank journals and I'm not always diligent about typing up my work. I just finished a long short story - sounds like an oxymoron, I know - and I'm eager to get it transcribed so I can start editing and filling in the holes.

Hence, a day of typing. I have Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSIs) from too much typing at MIT, so I use an ergonomic keyboard --


The danger of working at home is always getting distracted by household errands. Like re-covering my burner drip pans in aluminum foil --


After typing up almost 10 pages of writing and completing a few more tasks for the short film I'm producing, it was time for lunch!


I know, I'm not in college any more, but I'm a sucker for mac and cheese and these are so easy. I added some frozen veggies to make it slightly more healthy --


And steamed up some black kale with Bragg's Amino Acids--



Ate while catching up on the latest episode of Top Chef Masters. My money's on Takashi Yagihashi to win it all!

Was still feeling munchy while watching, so I devoured a handful of Lemon Crisp Cookies --


And the last two cheese straws in my pantry --


Stuffed and satisfied, I finished typing up my story - 23 pages in all! - and got ready for my commercial callback.


It was in an office shared with a modeling agency, so I was surrounded by glamour shots like this --


Ignored them - this spot was mine! Callback went well - we'll see...

Then I drove to Burbank to see my man.

Yes, I have a new man in my life. His name is Jack.


I bought him that Boppy. He's the newborn son of my friend and frequent guest blogger Christopher Tillman. Cutest kid ever!


The Tillmans always have fun snacks around, like these Jungle Animal cookies. They're like Circus Animal cookies, but green and shaped like jungle animals!


While there, I sent a few more emails for the short film, then heard about another commercial audition for tomorrow - I'm on a roll!

Ended my night with drinks at The Federal Bar with JulieAnn, a diversity exec at NBC Universal. We caught up on television chatter and gushed about Downton Abbey while enjoying a spread of appetizers --


In addition to being an amazing creative spirit, she's a deal hunter like me. Check out her fashion deals blog Champagne Clothes on a Beer Budget - fabulous!

And so ends another day in my life - is this interesting at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment