Monday, August 20, 2012

Writer's Diet, Day 1 - Manic Monday

I've had a few requests to do more day-in-the-life posts chronicling my creative days as an actor/writer, so I'm diving back into Writer's Diet mode - an experiment in which I blog about everything I do for my career each day, a la my friend Lynn's blog The Actor's Diet.

This week's experiment is dedicated to the memory of Lynn's father who just passed away. To honor him and give a shout out to Lynn, I'm also going to snap pictures of what I'm eating. (Fair warning - I eat a lot of crap because I'm in denial about my metabolism changing as I get older.)

Started my week with an audition (YAY!) for a new TV comedy. Hot as hell in the Valley, but the office was blissfully freezing. Was met by this sign in the waiting room --


Waiting room was full of other Asian-American actresses reading for the same role - clearly they're just going to pick someone - hope it's me!

Headed to Coffee Bean to check email and write until lunch. I'd woken up with an epiphany about a short film script I've been contemplating, so I was eager to get my notes down.


Justified my free WiFi time by buying a Naked Green Machine. I'd made a green smoothie in the morning but left it at home, so this satisfied my sweet craving.


Lunch with a talented friend at The Veggie Grill. Got the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' sandwich with a side of Mac-n-Cheese --


Amazing! I love The Veggie Grill - apparently so did this employee from The Counter --


Took my leftovers and drove up the 405 to spend the rest of my day at The Writer's Junction.


Ah, my creative home. I swear that without this place, I wouldn't have a single piece of finished writing. Enjoyed some tea in the lobby while doing some brainstorming --


Then snagged one of the writing rooms for the day.


Beat out an outline for that short film idea, finished my Veggie Grill leftovers, then got notice for a commercial callback for tomorrow. Loving this Monday!

Then the great John Lopez called mid-afternoon to ask me to produce his latest short film and I said absolutely. Spent the next few hours in producer-mode, sending emails and creating pre-production schedules and preliminary callsheets. This will definitely make this Writer's Diet week more interesting!

Dinner was a Crunchy Slaw salad from Trader Joe's I'd stashed in the fridge last week --


Yes, I ate the whole thing before remembering to take a picture. More writing and producing until one of the regular night crew came in with sweets --


A banana crisp-type invention - to die for!


Day 1 over - until tomorrow, dear readers!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your daily posts Teresa! Currently at the airport in Korea getting ready to fly back home to Hawaii. Moving to LA in two weeks. See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this Teresa! Thanks!!

    S

    ReplyDelete