Monday, January 2, 2012

Money Monday: The Beginning

Time to put on those big boy caps, because I have a bold New Year’s challenge for all of you actors, writers, and artists of any kind.

Get your personal finances in order in 2012!

Just because you’re a “starving artist” doesn’t mean you have to live from paycheck to paycheck. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t have:
  1. A retirement account
  2. Savings that build each month
  3. No credit card debt
  4. Financial peace of mind
Sound like a tall order? I disagree. And I have the wisdom of financial gurus like Suze Orman and David Bach backing me up.

So in 2012, in addition to sharing my usual acting and writing experiences, I’m going to talk about personal finance for artists. I know it’s hard, I know debt is real, but we shouldn’t fear money. We should love it and make it work for us.

Teresapalooza is bringing you Money Mondays! Personal finance for artists in layman’s terms.

Start by posting your money questions, doubts, or fears below. Let’s do this together!

1 comment:

  1. When filing taxes, do you use an entertainment accountant? Also, any tips on taxes or saving money would be great. Love the blog, discovered it recently. From a actor/ professional drink slinger.

    ReplyDelete