Friday, February 10, 2012

Hopping on the Blogger Challenge Bandwagon

I heard about this blogger challenge from my friend Lynn’s blog The Actor’s Diet, who heard about it from her friend Lauren.

The Rules:
1. List 11 random things about myself
2. Answer the 11 questions she asked
3. Come up with 11 questions to ask other bloggers
4. Tag 11 other bloggers to do this next

I want to play, but I don’t think I know 11 other bloggers. I know Lynn, Michelle, Junk Food Guy, and that's about it. And how exactly do I tag bloggers?

So I’ll do a half version, starting with 11 random things about me:
  1. I’ve never been to Europe.

  2. My high school band director told us he went to school with Jonathan Frakes, and I once wrote Jonathan a fan letter asking him to come play with our concert band. It never happened.

  3. I had insomnia for almost two years while working at Disneyland. The happiest place on earth was stressful as hell! Listening to spa-type relaxation music finally helped me fall asleep consistently.

  4. For my sweet sixteen birthday party, I asked my friends to make a donation to an environmental group instead of giving me a gift. (Yup, I was a charity nerd even back then.) My friends all made donations and brought gifts too. They were awesome.

  5. I think Angelo should have won Top Chef Season 7 instead of Kevin. There, I said it.

  6. Growing up, I always wanted to be a dancer and I still mourn the fact that I missed my window.

  7. I had braces for four years of junior high & high school – head gear, rubber bands, the whole shebang. Five years ago, a fancy dentist in LA told me I should get braces and I wanted to slap him.

  8. I was so scared by a kiddie roller coaster ride as a child, I didn’t ride another roller coaster until senior year of high school, and even then I did it under duress.

  9. I had pictures of Barry Manilow and Bruce Boxleitner in my locker in high school. I know, total dork.

  10. I actually like Circus Peanuts.

  11. I got banned for life from Google Adsense for clicking on my own ads on this blog, which I honestly did not know was against the rules. At my last day job company, we were constantly told we should click on our own ads whenever possible by our VP of Biz Dev. Thanks for nothing, Richard.

And here are answers to the same 11 questions that Lynn answered:
  1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? In a magical version of LA with less traffic, cleaner air, and my family close by.

  2. Beer or Wine? Both! In moderation, of course. I enjoy lagers, but also look forward to my first trip to Napa.

  3. What is your favorite quote? “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi

  4. One thing you always have in your purse? My Lactaid pills – so I can eat cheese!

  5. The best concert you’ve ever been to? Barry Manilow at the Hollywood Bowl, baby!

  6. What would be your last meal? This is a morbid question and I cancel/deflect any energy created by answering it, but I suppose it would be a lobster clambake from Legal Sea Foods.

  7. What is one word that makes you cringe? The F word that refers to gay people in a derogatory manner.

  8. If you could live one day as the opposite sex, what is the first thing you would do? Make a proper machine gun sound effect with my mouth – it’s the one thing I will admit ALL men do better than women.

  9. Do you believe in soul mates? Sure, why not?

  10. Gossip Girl or Glee? Glee! Because try as I might, I can’t relate to rich white society girls in NYC.

  11. What would be your ideal job? I have it! Though it would be more ideal if I had more hours in the day. Still, I’m happy.
Phew, that was fun!

Do you have a blog? Share your URL below!

1 comment:

  1. love that you took the challenge!

    we need to get that lobster clambake...

    ReplyDelete