Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Writer’s Diet Experiment, Day 2

Yesterday was a big day, wasn’t it?

Probably why I ended up sleeping through my morning writing session. I always try to write for 30 minutes in the morning before going to work, but today I was just too exhausted. I enjoyed my dream about winning a game show for an extra 30 minutes.

While at the day job chomping on ramen for lunch, I received and approved a headshot proof from Reproductions. I have many different looks on my online acting resumes, but only one that I print into 8x10s to bring to auditions. I was running low and Reproductions not only made the reorder process so easy, I got free shipping for being a California resident. Score!

Before leaving the office, I read a short film screenplay that my friend Christopher wrote for me. Inspired by my blog post about missing the chance to be shot by TV cops, he cast me as a hit man. (Hit woman...hit man woman...homage to NBC's Life, anyone?) The script was amazing. He really has a talent for dialogue and compelling scenes – someone hire him.

It’s Taco Tuesday, so after work I swung by Del Taco for my favorite cheap eats deal – 3 tacos for $1.09. That’s $1.19 with tax. I call it the actor’s dinner.

Dinner complete, I settled in to catch up on the last four episodes of The Killing waiting on my DVR.


I spent the first hour retouching some new headshots taken by my friend Christine Tanabe, but eventually got so sucked into the story that I just stared at the screen slack-jawed.
Intense, gut-wrenching stuff! I was on the edge of nausea the entire time – that’s good television.

Veena Sud is so badass – she inspires me to keep writing and exploring the dark side of human nature. I look forward to meeting her for staffing on The Killing Season 2! (Hey, a writer can dream...)


Click here to read The Writer's Diet Experiment, Day 3

1 comment: