Saturday, May 16, 2015

The 5 Stages of Staffing Season Grief

All experienced in the last 48 hours...

1. DENIAL - The jobs can't be all gone. Surely that NBC midseason whatsit needs a diversity staff writer.

2. ANGER - I didn't get hired because I suck! I should've worked harder to make my scripts better!

3. BARGAINING - I don't need 6 hours of sleep a night. I can write more if I only sleep 4.5 hours.

4. DEPRESSION - Now I'll never get to pitch my hostage situation bottle episode idea...or my Chinatown episode that's really about the Hispanic line cooks...

5. ACCEPTANCE - I'm not the only writer who didn't get staffed. C'est la vie. Gotta keep moving forward. Keep the faith and keep writing. Never give up, never surrender!

Congrats to my friends who got staffed this year! To the rest of us, our breakthrough is just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment