Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Supporting Weekend

I'm a supporter. It's what I do. Got a Kickstarter campaign? I'll be a backer. Are you starring in a new play? I'll try to make it to opening night. Really, I will.

Because I love supporting the artistic endeavors of friends and colleagues. Take a glance at my schedule and you'll see it's filled with friends' screenings, fundraisers, etc. I do it because I enjoy it.

On Saturday afternoon, I drove down to Costa Mesa to attend an event at Christopher's alma mater. They screened Misusing Irony along with several other film projects made by alumni. He rocked the Q&A after - he always does.

I didn't have time to really see the campus, which was beautiful, though I did see this great sign --


Love it! Christopher also showed me the "Breakup Bench," a spot where couples were often found breaking up in his day. We staged our own breakup --


Next, I rushed up to the Laemmle NoHo 7 to catch a theatrical screening of my friend Valerie's feature Losing Control.

Val and I bonded back in Boston - I was cast as her best friend in an indie feature. We did one day of shooting...and then never heard from the filmmaker again!

I first saw Losing Control at the Temecula Valley International Film Festival and absolutely loved it. Charming, hilarious, and it's about scientists! You can still catch it in NoHo through this Thursday - or catch it in Tempe, AZ, Tacoma, WA, or Modesto, CA.

I capped off my supporting weekend with a trip to the Artists at Play yard sale fundraiser! One word: EPIC. I purposely overpaid for a handful of books and a silk necktie, which I'm going to use to make a trendy necktie necklace.

The sale was still hopping when I was there --



Though my friends were sufficiently beat after weeks of collecting and organizing donations. Peter collapsed just as I was leaving --


Congrats to all my talented friends for doing their thing this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I don't remember you taking this photo at all. I must have really been asleep! Thanks for the support Teresa!

    ReplyDelete