Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Hump Day Update: Catch Up Session

Many, many happenings in Teresapalooza-land since Oscar night - here's the rapid-fire rundown:
  • Attended a great panel at the WGA called TV Series for Virgins. (No, it wasn't about that.)

    Heard fantastic advice about navigating the television world from showrunners Lee Aronsohn (Two and a Half Men), Jenny Bicks (The Big C), Matt Corman & Chris Ord (Covert Affairs), Graham Yost (Justified), and ICM agent Mark Gordon, moderated by Jeffrey Melvoin (Army Wives).

    Heard my favorite new showbiz quote - "The most important thing in Hollywood is sincerity. And if you can fake that, you've got it made." Word.

    During the reception after, I chatted with writer/director Shawn Ku and writer Michael Armbruster about transitioning from features to television. Though mostly I just gushed about their amazing film Beautiful Boy, which should have nominated for an Oscar, in my opinion...

  • Audited this year's CAPE Pitch Lab pitch session to network and support writer friends who were pitching.

    I pitched at this event the two previous years, which helped get me get in the door to pitch at CBS this season, which eventually led to the selling of my first pilot. The exec who bought my pitch in the room was there and it was great to see her and thank her again in person for the incredible opportunity. Ah, the memories...

  • Continued the pitching spirit the next day - pitched my proposal for the CAPE Digital Marketing Initiative to a room full of execs at FOX. Stared longingly at the Emmys and Golden Globes in the lobby.

    Heard later that night I was one of the three winners - hooray! More details on that to come...

  • Hosted a happy hour before the LA screening of Cast Me If You Can, written and directed by MIT alum Atsushi Ogata. The point was to support a member of my alumni community the way I would hope to be supported when I have a project to promote.

    The happy hour was a success, though not a single MIT alum showed up. Ah well.

    Here I am with Atsushi and fellow MIT grad turned actor Tohoru Masamune -

1 comment:

  1. congrats, teresa!!!

    and oh - i saw your tweet about "the room." i need to see it again…soon...

    ReplyDelete