Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Pirate's Favorite Socks? Arrrrgyle!

Spent the afternoon researching literary journals and discovered one thing – there are a bazillion literary journals! Too many in the Poets & Writers directory to read and explore in a few hours. I ended up searching for some Top Literary Journals lists to help me whittle down the pool and eventually chose five journals to receive my first short story submission – some print, some online, from the large-scale to the small-time.

I also started to type up the piece I’m planning to submit, contemplating how to tackle the second draft:


The rest of the day was devoted to a reunion of former Disneyland co-workers. We headed down to Buena Park to see our fellow former co-worker David in the Pirate’s Dinner Adventure. Ahoy, matey!


Dinner and a show on a pirate ship – what could be better? We cheered and whooped like crazy while David, playing the role of the Orange Pirate, swung on ropes, fought with swords & spears, and engaged in fantastic stage combat with the other scoundrel pirates.

I know I’m biased, but he was the best pirate in the show. Just look at this six-pack!



Highly recommended, especially if you have kids! Or if you’re just a kid at heart. Watch for discount tickets on Goldstar!

No comments:

Post a Comment