Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Hump Day Update: Holiday Hiatus Edition

You know how it is – Christmas cards to write, sugary treats to make, and a slew of errands to complete before traveling for the holidays. No really, I’ve been super busy!

Ugh, excuses. I’ll return to regular blogging soon. Expect a renewed commitment to daily posts when the new year hits. Until then, here’s what’s been happening in my world --
  • Got the stamp of approval from my agent on my sci-fi pilot outline, so I’m going to script. The goal is to have a readable draft done by New Year’s Day. If I can do that, I’m treating myself to a new pair of jeans. You heard it here first.

  • Started Kristen Bell’s #30DayHomies fitness challenge on December 1st – you can track my progress by following me on Twitter. Call it a headstart on the inevitable New Year’s “get in shape” resolution, plus prep work for my role in Early Retirement next year. Haven’t missed a day so far!

  • Became completely obsessed with this a cappella holiday tune from last year’s Sing-Off winner Pentatonix –-



  • Received a slew of screeners and scripts for the WGA Awards – more than I can watch! One of the big name screenplays will probably win, but I’ve been loving the scripts for smaller indie films like Silver Linings Playbook and Friends With Kids. Looking forward to seeing Looper and Celeste and Jesse Forever before voting.

  • Had a month full of WriteGirl! Two writing workshops (in which I wrote poetry!), met my incredible mentee, and had a blast at Drag Queen Bingo Charity Night at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. I love this organization so much!

  • My small parts in two episodes of Grey’s Anatomy finally aired. My small parts in two episodes of Don’t Trust the B-- in Apartment 23 should air in the new year – I’ll let you know as the dates approach!

  • Got another rejection letter from my first round of literary journal submissions. Immediately submitted to two new journals. Onward and upward.

  • Pulled together a few scenes to submit to the NBC Diversity Scene Showcase. I didn’t get in as an actor, let’s see if I have better luck as a writer! One scene was modified from a one-act play that I’d completely forgotten I’d written until I found it on my hard drive. Better than finding a twenty in an old pair of jeans!

  • Shot a corporate industrial video with the awesome Sunil Malhotra. We were complete professionals, expertly improving the most ridiculous job interview ever before snapping into the written lines. This is us with the director --


    Truly, I’m impressed we didn’t ruin any takes with our shenanigans. We both agreed if it were a sexual harassment industrial, we never would have gotten through it without breaking down into a puddle of laughter.

  • Wrote several PSA spots for an ad agency about mental depression. Really fun work, despite the subject matter. Hope the client is pleased!

See? Told you I’ve been bu-sy!

Finally, here’s my 2012 holiday card to all of you – here’s to a new year filled with love, career success, and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment