Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Hump Day Update: Summer Vacation Edition

Sorry for the lack of blogginess lately - I'm on summer vacation! Or at least that's what it feels like now that my writing fellowship applications are done. Time to relax and do nothing, right?

Ha, I wish. Since June 1st, I've been whipping through personal and professional errands that were piling up on my to-do list, like reading scripts for a short screenplay competition I'm judging and finally choosing my new headshots from Toshikophoto --


I've also been eating my way through long overdue coffee dates and lunches with friends and colleagues, including my awesome lawyer and this wacky lady --


And finally, setting new goals for my writing career - two more pilot scripts by the end of 2012! That's right, I'm taking a breath and heading right back into the fire. Pitches for my next script are due tomorrow and I'm ready to go!

Though it hasn't all been work, work, work this June - I've been taking in some great theater, including A Little Night Music at the East West Players --


Definitely worth seeing if you love Sondheim. Melody Butiu gave one of the most exquisite performances of "Send in the Clowns" I've ever seen - cried right through it!


Also went to a Dodgers game at half-price thanks to Goldstar. I love going to live baseball games!


How are you spending your summer vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment