Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Obama So Phat, He’s Gone Viral!

I met Ron Butler four years ago on the set of Ugly Betty. We played fashion reporters and bonded while trapped inside Geisha House in Hollywood. Fourteen hours later, a friendship was born.

Since then, Ron has continued to work in film and TV, including a regular role on Nickelodeon’s True Jackson, VP, described as Ugly Betty for kids. Talk about full circle.

A few years ago, I learned that Ron had created a second career for himself as an Obama impersonator. I watched videos of his live appearances at look-alike conventions and thought, “Holy crap – he looks just like Obama!’ Which clearly bodes well for his career as an Obama impersonator.

So when Ron asked me to be a part of a viral Obama video he had written and was planning to produce and direct, I replied an emphatic YES.

The shoot was incredibly fun. I haven’t been surrounded by so many musical theater people since my days at Disneyland. Between shots, the actors sang one-liners from [title of show] and ragged on Wicked. It was awesome.

The finished product launched online this week – watch it below. I love that it’s not just a musical parody, but a thoughtful and praise-filled virtual fist bump to our Commander in Chief. Enjoy and spread the word!

1 comment:

  1. Where is the "LIKE" button for this? This is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete