Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Hump Day Update: Back in the Swing Edition

January is half over! What have I done so far?
  • Written every day, of course.

  • Spent a day at Universal Studios Hollywood after taking advantage of their Buy a Day, Get 2013 Free annual pass promotion. Finally rode Transformers™: The Ride-3D - pretty great.


    While there, my friend spotted La Bamba from Conan. And yes, he was wearing his hat!

  • Caught a 3D screening of Life of Pi at the WGA. Stunning! Thrilled to finally see it after falling in love with Yann Martel's bookso many years ago.


    In the Q&A that followed the screening, I was surprised to hear screenwriter David Magee say that the studio mostly left him alone as he and Ang Lee developed the script together. Studio execs trusting a writer? Must have been because he was working with trusted commodity Ang Lee. Otherwise I'm sure they would have noted the hell out of him...

  • Volunteered at the book launch for WriteGirl's latest anthology No Character Limit: Truth & Fiction from WriteGirl. Our fearless WriteGirl leaders introducing the event --


    Several girls, including my mentee, read their beautiful, insightful, and now published writing from the book. Inspiration galore!

  • Read a friend's pilot outline, three episodes of a friend's web series, attended a reading of a friend's play, and did a few roles in a friend's script reading. So much finished writing to inspire me to finish my own writing!
My first acting audition for 2013 is today too - woo hoo! 2013 is shaping up nicely, I must say...

No comments:

Post a Comment